Starting the Challenge with My Sister

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

We started the Read To Me Reading Challenge yesterday since my sister got so excited about joining me in a reading challenge. I'm not sure if she's also that into reading but since she insisted we started it immediately so we did. We chose the challenge level of "Watering" which means we must read 36 picture books together this year.

We read 3 yesterday. Yes, three. Did I mention she's excited about the challenge?

Okay, so here were the stories:

  1. Snip and Snap and The Billy Goat by George C. Mason
  2. The Pied Piper of Hamelin by Robert Browning
  3. Atlas Hangs On by Richard Swan


I can't seem to find a picture for the story book "Atlas Hangs On" but I put the link above. 


I asked her to rate them and she rated them 5,3 and 4 respectively. She didn't like the Pied Piper of Hamelin that much because of the ending where the children followed the Pied Piper and left except for one boy who was left so sad because all his playmates had gone. And because the townspeople never saw the children again even if they tried hard to get them back.

Okay, so we have 33 more books to go. It's a long way to the end of the year and I know we'll be hitting our target of 36 books before it. Wish us all Good luck to the challenges we're joining in! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment